Founded in San Francisco in 1920 by George F. Wells, the Wells Manufacturing Company produced electric cooking products. In 1925 George Wells invented and patented a new waffle baker - a move that launched his company into the commercial appliance industry. The firm moved in 1968 to Verdi, and was later purchased by Beatrice Foods Company. In 1985 it became part of the Chicago-based Specialty Equipment Companies, Inc. In 1993 Specialty Equipment relocated the Bloomfield company from Chicago and merged it into the Wells operations in Verdi.
Click Here to visit Wells' Website