In 1977, Jameel Burkett (1920 - 2006) and his son, Mike Burkett, recognized a great opportunity for a new business venture and founded Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies. Originally Located on Jefferson Street in Toledo, Ohio, Burkett's first mission was to provide the local area with quality used restaurant equipment.
By 1985, Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies successfully expanded their business to include selling both used and new restaurant equipment. As Mike Burkett took over full operation, the business outgrew it's Jefferson Street location and the search for a new building began. In 1993, Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies officially moved into our second location on 3011 Council Street in Toledo, OH. This historic 170,000 square feet warehouse and showroom was the headquarters for 23 years.
By 2005, under the helm of Mike's oldest son, Jameel M. Burkett, Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies had an internet website and a strong presence on eBay to begin catering to national customers. After many years of fast growth, it became apparent that our historic building just could not handle our growing business anymore. It was time to move again.
In 2016, we made our move to our current location in Perrysburg, OH. In the process we created a state of the art equipment reconditioning area, custom painting and cleaning rooms, new office space, and a brand new showroom that is open to the public.
After more than 35 years in business, Burkett is a foodservice industry leader while retaining the time-honored family tradition of honesty, integrity and a complete dedication to customer satisfaction. We're proud of our history and look forward to many more years of serving our customers expanding and changing needs.
The original Burkett Restaurant Equipment building circa 1977