American Metalcraft was incorporated in 1947 by Archer Kahn. In 1961, Herbert Kahn succeeded his father as President, and in 1995 David Kahn and Susan Kahn Bank took over the business, marking the transition to a third generation of family leadership. In 6 decades of family ownership, the company has expanded from 6,000 square feet in Chicago to over 120,000 square feet in west suburban Melrose Park, Illinois, and from a handful of employees to almost 100. American Metalcraft began with a limited product line and a local customer base to a company with customers in all 50 states and over 75 countries around the world. The company has evolved from job shop to a company that manufactures over 2,000 items in house for its own product line.