Ice Storage Bins
Drop-In Ice Bins
Chill your drinks and keep them accessible with drop-in bins. These durable stainless steel bins feature a seamless design and insulated walls to keep ice cold for hours. Perfect for bars, restaurants, and outdoor events.
Commercial Ice Bins
Store and preserve ice with ease using our commercial ice bins. Designed with durable materials and ample storage capacity, these bins ensure your ice stays fresh and readily available for any occasion.
Ice & Water Stations
Save space in your kitchen and keep ice and water at arm?s reach by installing these stations into any countertop or work table. They feature ice bins and a water spigot easy filling of water glasses.
Mobile Ice Bins
Take ice anywhere you need it using mobile ice bins. Featuring durable construction, easy maneuverability, and ample storage capacity, these bins are perfect for any event or establishment.
Ice storage bins and dispensers are essential to store ice when you have a modular or remote ice machine.
Finding the right ice bin or dispenser for your purposes is important to keep ice available when you need it. Ice machine heads make ice, but once that ice is made there is no place for it to go without a proper ice bin or dispenser. Not every bin/dispenser will fit with every ice machine head, so always check the specs to be sure they are compatible. If you’re not sure, contact our sales team for expert assistance! There are also adapters available that will help fit bins with heads that typically would not go together. Even when you already have an ice bin, if you need to keep ice stored further away from the actual ice machine, there are plenty of great options for that as well like drop-in ice bins, mobile ice bins, and ice and water stations.
Although ice storage bins are generally not refrigerated, they are insulated so the ice will not melt. Ice storage bins are either lined with plastic or food grade stainless steel. There is either insulation or a small air gap between the liner and bin exterior to slow the ice melting process so you can completely fulfill your ice needs. Ice storage bins and dispensers come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit into even the tightest spaces in your commercial kitchen. Check out commercial ice bins and dispensers from top manufacturers like Manitowoc, Scotsman, and Ice-O-Matic.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ice Storage Bins and Dispensers
What kind of ice storage bin or dispenser is best for me?
- Drop-In Ice Bins - these are a great option for bars and restaurants that want to keep ice available right at their countertop. Drop-in bins can be filled with ice from a remote ice machine (make sure you have an ice tote on hand for easy filling!) and keep ice chilled for hours right where it’s needed. This is a favorite option for server stations that don’t need an ice dispenser.
- Commercial Ice Dispensers - these are the perfect product for any establishment offering self-service as it provides a more sanitary way to serve ice. Ice is not exposed, keeping it clean and fresh until the user needs it. These are commonly used in hotels and healthcare facilities to fill ice buckets and cups as well as restaurants with self-serve functions.
- Commercial Ice Bins - the most common choice for an ice machine head is an ice bin. Ice falls from the head directly into the bin where it is stored and kept cold until it is needed. Staff typically will use the ice storage bin to fill drop-in or other remote ice bins in other parts of the establishment.
- Ice & Water Stations - these stations allow for easy water glass filling, keeping ice in a drop-in bin right next to a water spout. These must be filled from an external source, but they make water service extremely convenient.
- Mobile Ice Bins - in outdoor functions, catering, or any other establishment with limited electricity, a mobile ice bin can be the ideal way to provide ice to customers. These bins can be easily transported wherever they need and have heavy insulation that keeps ice frozen all day.
How often should you empty your ice storage bin?
At the end of each day, or at the beginning of the next, you will want to empty the bin of any hold-over ice. If the ice stays in the bin too long, it will eventually melt into one big block and become too difficult to remove. Additionally, old ice in the bin can develop a foul taste since it is picking up any stray aromas or mildew that may be in the cabinet. For this reason, every time the bin is emptied of old ice, it is recommended that the interior be at least dried out.
How often should you clean your ice storage bin?
The bin inside should be fully cleaned and sanitized as often as the ice machine that is mounted on the top is cleaned. It is important to maintain your ice machine parts and accessories by cleaning the ice storage bin at least once a month.