Undercounter Ice Machines
Undercounter Cube Ice Machines
Produce crystal-clear ice cubes while freeing up kitchen space. These ice makers combine the ice production unit and storage bin in a compact footprint. Features include durable construction and easy-to-use controls for optimal ice production.
Undercounter Flake Ice Machines
Provide your kitchen with a steady supply of flaked ice. These undercounter units are compact and stay out of the way. Perfect for bars and restaurants, these machines feature durable stainless steel construction and easy-to-use controls.
Undercounter Nugget Ice Machines
Create restaurant-quality ice at home with our undercounter nugget ice machines. Enjoy soft, chewable ice that's perfect for cocktails, smoothies, and more. Compact design fits seamlessly into any kitchen.
Undercounter Gourmet Ice Machines
Create restaurant-quality ice at home with our undercounter gourmet ice machines. Enjoy crystal-clear, slow-melting ice cubes that are perfect for cocktails, sodas, and more.
Undercounter ice machines combine the power of an ice machine head and ice storage bin into one compact unit.
Ice machine heads with bins require a lot of space in your business. When space is limited, it might be difficult to find the right place to keep a full-sized commercial ice maker. An undercounter ice machine is your solution to this issue! These units fit beneath most commercial countertop spaces, saving you back-of-house space while allowing you to generate and store ice in the same way that a traditional ice maker would. These units are available in a range of configurations, including ice varieties, daily production, and size. When choosing an undercounter ice machine, think about the type of ice you want, whether it's cube, flake, nugget, or gourmet.
Adding a commercial undercounter ice maker to your business offers the ability to save on space without sacrificing production. Whether you’re producing nugget, flake, cube, or gourmet ice, choosing an effective ice machine for your business is crucial. Burkett has a variety of undercounter ice maker options from top commercial brands like Scotsman, Ice-O-Matic, and Manitowoc that will ensure you can produce the perfect ice for all of your business’ needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Undercounter Ice Machines
How do I know the production size I need for my ice machine?
The capacity of commercial ice makers is determined by how much ice they can make during a typical 24-hour cycle. Always take potential growth into account when determining how much ice your business needs because ice makers typically last for ten years (when cared for properly).
To determine your business’s ice requirements, you will need two pieces of information: business type and average customers per day.
- Restaurant: 1.5 lbs. of ice per customer
- Cocktail Bar: 3 lbs. of ice per customer
- Salad Bar: 35 lbs. of ice per cubic foot
- Hotel: 5 lbs. of ice per room
- Healthcare: 10 lbs. of ice per patient
- Cafeteria: 1 lb. of ice per customer
What are the different ice types?
- Cube-style ice is uniform-shaped ice that has a slower melting rate to keep drinks cold longer while improving the appearance of drinks. This type of ice typically comes in “full dice” or “half dice” sizes. This style of ice is the standard option for bars, restaurants, hotels, and more because of its versatility.
- Flake-style ice is snow-like, making it easier to spread on a display or blend into drinks. This soft, packable ice is ideal for market displays, buffet lines, and medical uses as well.
- Nugget ice, also known as chewable ice or “Sonic Ice” is formed in bite-sized ice which is perfect for soft drinks, blended cocktails, and cold beverages. It is a popular choice in both restaurants and healthcare facilities for the fact it is both chewable but hardy enough to dispense.
- Gourmet ice is a unique addition to the ice-making world. This ice is shaped in an octagonal or cylindrical shape and is typically served in higher-end liquors or upscale drinks. High-end bars and restaurants prefer this style of ice as it brings a unique appearance, keeps drinks colder longer, and has a slower melting rate due to its large surface area.
Other Ice Machine Options
If you need an ice machine that can sit on top of the counter as opposed to under it and dispense directly into your cup, check out our variety of Ice Machines with Dispensers. For higher production rates, we have a variety of options like ice machine heads, ice machine bins and dispensers, or ice machine and bin combos.