Floral Merchandisers & Coolers
Organize and showcase your floral arrangements with our selection of merchandisers and coolers. Features include adjustable shelving, LED lighting, and temperature control for optimal preservation.
Bagged Ice Merchandiser Freezers
Provide customers with bagged ice, while maximizing your bottom line. These units feature durable construction, adjustable shelving, and LED lighting to showcase your products and attract customers.
Commercial Wine Coolers
Preserve your wine collection for longer using wine coolers. Features include adjustable temperature control, UV-resistant glass doors, and spacious storage capacity for all your favorite bottles. Available in a variety of sizes and capacities.
Glass Door Merchandiser Freezers
These commercial freezers provide convenience to customers as they shop. They also function as a marketing tool thanks to their high visibility. Merchandiser freezers can help boost sales since products are on display as customers walk by.
Glass Door Merchandiser Refrigerators
These refrigerated merchandisers are perfect for storing and displaying cold foods and beverages. Featuring glass doors, these units allow users to easily see products inside and select what they want quickly.
Open Air Display Merchandisers
Showcase chilled items while making them accessible for customers. Show off your packaged foods or drinks while keeping them fresh with adjustable temperature controls and LED lighting.
Make a great first impression and boost sales with merchandiser refrigerators and freezers.
Seeing a delicious snack or favorite beverage on display near the cash register catches the customer's eye and can lead to impulse buys, which is great for business. Deli's, grocery stores, convenience stores, butcher shops, and sushi bars all use commercial merchandisers, deli, and display cases to enhance their product presentation, while keeping food items at safe temperatures. To choose the right merchandiser determine the amount of space you have available, what product you'll be displaying, and what kind of access makes the most sense for your business.
What type of merchandiser refrigerator and freezer is best for me?
- Glass door merchandisers - Glass door merchandisers serve a wide variety of purposes. Most commonly they can be found in restaurants, gas stations, and convenience stores. Some more specialized models are ice merchandisers, wine coolers, and floral merchandisers. There are also glass four sided merchandisers designed specifically to hold pies and other baked goods.
- Open air merchandisers - This type of merchandiser is perfect for grab-and-go service. Customers can easily see drinks and meals for sale. Open air merchandisers keep products cooled using a forced air curtain. These merchandisers come in horizontal and vertical options, as well as add on displays to expand space on an existing merchandiser case.
- Dry & refrigerated display cases - Bakeries and delis may find dry refrigerated display cases to be the best fit to protect baked goods and cold cuts from air-borne contaminants while showcasing the quality of product being served. Burkett offers refrigerated and non-refrigerated display cases for this purpose, some of which are compact and designed to sit on a countertop. Larger options are available for businesses looking to display a wider range of pastries, sandwiches, or beverages.
- Sushi display cases - Sushi display cases are made to fit on a countertop and display and refrigerate various fish safely. This is a great option that adds a performance element to the dining experience as the chef can prepare the customer's meal fresh from start to finish in front of them.
Buying considerations for merchandiser refrigerators and freezers
- Lighting - Since the goal of merchandiser refrigerators and freezers is to showcase products for sale, having those products properly lit is incredibly important. Most refrigerated merchandisers use LED lighting since it's cost effective and do not get as warm as fluorescent lights. Some LED lights can even mimic the look of natural lighting. Lighting is often stationed at the top of the unit. Some merchandisers have lighting on shelves to help maximize your display.
- Temperature and humidity - Knowing the specific NSF requirements for the type of foods you'll be displaying will be incredibly helpful in making a decision about what type of merchandiser is right for your business. Items like sushi, chocolates, cold cuts, and cheeses will need to be stored at or below 40°F to retain their quality. Baked goods, chips, and other dry items, however, won't need to be refrigerated. Some foods also require a certain level of humidity to keep their texture and flavor. Cakes and cupcakes need to be kept cool and dry, while veggies and fruits should be kept in a higher humidity case so they don't dry out. Some merchandiser refrigerators have controls to adjust the temperature and humidity level within the display case.
- Compressor location - Bottom mounted compressors are popular for merchandiser refrigerators since they raise the bottom shelf for easier access and better display. These units are also easy to clean and perform routine maintenance on since the compressor is close to the floor. Top mounted compressors are less likely to collect dust and dirt, reducing the amount they need to be cleaned. Merchandiser refrigerators and freezers with top mounted compressors also tend to be more spacious.
Other Refrigeration Options
If you need refrigeration that isn't made for customer view, we have a variety of other refrigeration options available. Check out Burkett's selection of Reach-in refrigerators and freezers, undercounter refrigerators, and worktop refrigerators.