Wells WVU-48 Universal Ventless Hood
Need it sooner? Contact us today and let us help!
Wells WVU-48 50″ Universal Ventless Hood
Fire Protection: Completely self contained ANSUL R-102 system includes ANSUL tank, nitrogen cartridge, ANSUL sopanifier, piping, heat sensors, ANSUL drops, nozzles, and movable manual pull station. Manual pull can be relocated to the egress position or an additional station can be added by an authorized ANSUL representative. Front access for easy fire system maintenance. Fire protection system meets NFPA 96 Chapter 13 and UL300. Fire protection system must be charged and certified by ANSUL Authorized distributor after installation and before first use (operator responsibility).
Filtration: Completely self-contained 4-Stage filtration process reduces emissions below that allowed in NFPA 96 and ANSI UL710B using the EPA 202 test method and includes stainless steel grease baffle filter with grease cup, fiberglass pre-filters, High efficiency filter/ carbon-charcoal filter pack. All filters are easily removable without tools. Air flow sensors continually monitor air flow optimizing performance and grease removal while an interlock system will not allow cooking appliances to function if filters are missing, clogged or in the event of a fire.
Cooking Appliances: Only electrically heated appliances are acceptable for installation. Cooking equipment is optional from Wells or other manufacturers. Appliances must be installed as per manufacturers instructions and controlled by the hood equipment interface contactor through a customer supplied contactor which will disable cooking equipment in the event of fire or hood malfunction. Shunt trips are not allowed. For size, temperature and KW limits see back of spec sheet or installation/operation manual.
Exhaust and Air Flow: Exhaust air may be horizontal or vertical. Hoods are shipped for horizontal discharge and are field convertible for vertical discharge. Typical airflow through the hood is 1500 CFM. A minimum of 800 cubic feet of fresh air per minute (200 cubic feet per linear foot of hood) is required into the area to comply with the Universe./p>
Features & Benefits
- Very quiet with only 68 dBA average q Interlock system will disable cooking appliances if filters are missing, clogged or in the event of a fire
- Completely self-contained, 4-stage air filtration system reduces emissions below that allowed in NFPA 96 and ANSI UL710B using the EPA 202 test method. Maximum grease emissions are less than .0029 LB/HR/ FT (pounds per hour per foot)
- Completely self-contained fire protection system
- Airflow sensors continually monitor airflow for optimizing performance and grease removal
- Illuminated early-warning system to monitor filter replacement
- Six LED lights producing 500 lumens each for improved visibility – light color temperature (cool white) 6000K
- 6” to 8” adjustable legs (adjustable by 2” for leveling)
- Universal systems are movable making them ideal for leased properties
- Fits through a 36" wide door opening
- Manufacturer: Wells
- Model: WVU-48
- Dimensions: 104"(h) x 61.9"(w) x 50"(d)
- Condition: New
- Weight: 2,004 Lbs
- 2 Year Limited Parts
- 1 Year Labor