Our History

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Our story goes back to 1977 at a small shop on Jefferson Avenue in Toledo, Ohio. It was there that Jameel Burkett (1920 - 2006) and his son, Mike Burkett, recognized a great opportunity for a new business venture.

Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies opened its doors, aiming to provide the local area with quality reconditioned restaurant equipment.

By 1985, with the younger Burkett taking over the operation, the company expanded to include selling new restaurant equipment.

Eight years later, the company had outgrown its humble beginnings and moved into a historic building featuring 170,000 square feet of warehouse and showroom that served as the company headquarters for the next 23 years.

By 2005, under the helm of Mike's oldest son and current company president, Jameel M. Burkett, Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies had an established website and a strong presence on eBay to begin catering to national customers. After many years of fast growth, the company was again in need of a bigger and better home to serve its growing needs.

Today, Burkett’s headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio includes a state of the art equipment reconditioning area, custom painting and cleaning rooms, new office space, and a brand new 10,000-square- foot showroom that is open to the public.

For four decades, Burkett has been a foodservice industry leader while retaining the time-honored family tradition of honesty, integrity and a complete dedication to customer satisfaction. We're proud of our history and look forward to many more years of serving our customers' expanding and changing needs.

The original Burkett Restaurant Equipment building circa 1977