Griddle Top Broilers
Sear and grill to perfection with griddle top broilers. Featuring adjustable temperature controls and a spacious cooking surface, these broilers are perfect for any kitchen looking to elevate their grilling game.
Commercial Cheese Melters
Finish off those delicious appetizers or meals with some melted cheese for the perfect bite each time. Finishing ovens are great for any restaurant, cafe, concession stand, or bar.
Floor Model Broilers
Upright broilers enable quick food production with incredible efficiency. These floor model broilers come in a variety of sizes, capacities, and power levels to ensure you will find the perfect choice for your kitchen.
Provide the finishing touch to your meals perfectly with a salamander broiler. This broiler is the ultimate tool for achieving that ideal char and sear on meats, veggies, and more.
Quickly and completely broil, braise, or finish delicious meals with commercial broiler ovens.
A commercial broiler will produce consistent results by searing meats, vegetables, and other products to their ideal internal temperatures, making it perfect for high-end steakhouses, casual restaurants, or diners that specialize in hearty cuisine. Commercial broilers quickly and effectively cook or char food by exposing it to high heat. Restaurant broilers can be used to roast meats, melt cheese, finish entrees, and more.
You can cook succulent steaks, flavorful veggies, and other dishes to golden-brown perfection using a commercial upright broiler. A commercial broiler will produce consistent results by searing dishes to the optimum interior temperatures. Because certain broiler systems use infrared burners to cook food while retaining its natural fluids, they offer excellent cooking.
Whether you are looking to quickly broil a steak or just melt some cheese atop your appetizer, commercial broilers are versatile options for your cooking equipment roster.
Commercial Salamanders & Cheese Melters
Salamanders and cheese melters finish foods rapidly right before serving them by employing a concentrated blast of heat to cook only the top layer of food in a dish or pan. By adding a crisp, browned, or grilled look to your orders, customers will be presented with distinct and appetizing looking dishes.
This type of equipment is not ideal for fully preparing meals from the start, but these finishing broilers are ideal for toasting, glazing, and broiling items right before serving. Start by thoroughly cooking dishes in a commercial range or commercial oven, before completing them in a broiler or cheesemelter.
These units are commonly found in restaurants, concession stands, cafeterias, and other fast-paced foodservice operations. View our collection of concession cooking equipment to fully stock your stand.
Floor Model Broilers
Upright commercial broilers are ideal for professional kitchens that have high demand and need put products out quickly. With both single and double deck broilers, you can find the right equipment to meet your business's needs. Broiling ovens are used in restaurants of all types! These units are great for providing a broil to steaks, a grilled finish to sandwiches, and some melted cheese atop nacho chips.
All of these units are gas powered, so firstly, you need to be sure you have the appropriate gas line and hose connections. We have an excellent selection of replacement hoses and accessories to help with any hoses that need replaced or restrained. You can find commercial broiler ovens that are available in different sizes and installation methods.
- Countertop Models - Both salamanders and cheese melters come in countertop capabilities. These compact units are great for concession stands, delis, and other operations low on available kitchen space.
- Floor Models - These are full size restaurant broilers. They are larger and have higher BTUs than countertop models. Units come equipped with roll able casters to make moving easy for kitchen staff.
- Mounted Models - Also include both salamanders and cheese melters. Select units can come ready to be mounted above commercial ranges or grills. This gives chefs less movement throughout the kitchen and can decrease the unit's footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions About Salamanders, Broilers & Cheese Melters
What is the difference between salamanders and cheese melters?
- Cheese melters are only finishing ovens whereas the salamander can be used as both a finishing oven and a cooking oven.
- Cheese melters have a lower heat than salamanders. Because they’re being used as a cooking oven and a finishing oven, the salamanders can get quite hot.
- Salamanders generally use infrared elements, whereas cheese melters usually use a ceramic element.
Do you need a ventilation hood a commercial broiler?
For cheese melters a ventilation hood is not required. For salamanders you may need a ventilation hood, be sure to check with local codes and regulations.
Additional Burkett Resources
View these business type pages to find all the kitchen equipment you may need: