Commercial Deep Fryers
Corn Dog Fryers
Fry up delicious corn dogs in minutes with our easy-to-use corn dog fryers. Features include adjustable temperature control, non-stick coating, and removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
Electric Deep Fryers
Electric ovens have heating elements built into the oil, which improves efficiency. They also recover more rapidly between frying cycles making them ideal for concession stands.
Gas Deep Fryers
Gas powered commercial deep fryers heat up faster and can achieve superior oil temperatures. These units can provide higher capacities and production levels, allowing you to cook perfectly fried foods all day long.
Funnel Cake & Donut Fryers
These specialty fryers allow you to provide the crispy, golden goodies that customers love. They produce treats that are a staple of any carnival, fair, or concession stand.
Fry up delicious meals in no time with full size and countertop ventless fryers. These fryers feature a compact design, easy-to-use controls, and a built-in filtration system for hassle-free cooking.
Commercial Fryer Oil Filter Machines
Filter your fryer oil quickly and efficiently with our commercial fryer oil filter machines. Save time and money by extending the life of your oil and improving the quality of your fried foods.
Fryer Accessories by Burkett Restaurant Equipment. Check out all of our Fryer Accessories.
Fryer Oil Waste Removers
Eliminate messy fryer oil spills and reduce environmental impact with our efficient fryer oil waste removers. Save time and money while keeping your kitchen clean and safe.
Fry up appetizers, sides, and entrees quickly and efficiently with a commercial deep fryer!
In almost every professional kitchen, you will find a commercial deep fryer. Frying equipment serves as the backbone of many commercial foodservice establishments' appetizer menus and is also used to cook a variety of entrées. We offer plenty of sturdy, stainless-steel models to choose from, including both gas and electric models to meet the specific needs of any foodservice establishment. Fryers are an important part of the kitchen, and numerous choices are available for selection. The location of the “sediment zone” is the primary difference between types of commercial fryers. Breading, cracklings and small pieces of food gather in the sediment zone in a fryer. Different heating powers for each type allows you to further match your needs. Higher BTU or wattage means quick heat up time and minimizes temperature drops between batches, but can expedite oil break down.
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Deep Fryers
What types of deep fryers are there?
- Commercial Electric Deep Fryers - Electric types have heating elements built into the oil, which improves efficiency. They also recover more rapidly between frying cycles.
- Commercial Gas Deep Fryers - Gas fryers heat up faster and can achieve superior oil temperatures.
- Funnel Cake & Donut Fryers - Funnel cake and donut fryers allow you to provide the crispy, golden sweet treats that customers love. These fryers produce treats that are a staple of any carnival and sure to fill the air with delicious smells.
- Corn Dog Fryers - Including both gas and electric models, corn dog fryers are the perfect pick for creating plump, flavorful franks to share with hungry customers.
- Ventless Fryers - Ventless deep fryers remove the hassle of having to install expensive hoods over cooking equipment. We offer Countertop Ventless Fryers and Floor Model Ventless Fryers.
What fry pot designs are there?
The "fry pot" is the term for tank in which the oil is held and heated in a deep fryer. Heating elements within this pot heat the oil and fry items. Two things you need to think about first are pot design and oil type, both of which affect the quality and flavor of your fried foods. Commercial fryers come with three different fry pot designs: Tube-type, open-pot and flat-bottom.
- Tube-type fryers are ideal for heavily battered foods like fried chicken and fish.
- Open-pot fryers are best used to make French fries, cheese sticks or other lightly breaded foods.
- Flat-bottom fryers are ideal for frying delicate items like funnel cake, tortilla chips or taco shells.
Should you buy a gas or an electric fryer?
- Electric fryers take longer to heat up oil than gas fryers, but once they're up to temperature, they recover more rapidly between frying cycles. Electric types have heating elements built into the oil, which improves efficiency. They're also more portable because they don't require a gas line.
- Gas fryers heat up faster and can achieve superior oil temperatures.
Do you need a ventilation hood for a deep fryer?
Yes. Commercial deep fryers release hot grease into the air, thus a Type I hood is typically required. As with nearly all gas-powered cooking equipment, gas fryers always require a ventilation hood.
However, with countertop electric fryers you can get away without the need to purchase a hood. Most operators will still find the fumes from these compact models irritating though, so proper ventilation is advised.
Be sure to check with your local health and fire codes as to what ventilation requirements need to be met.
How to clean a commercial deep fryer?
Keeping your fryers clean will not only prolong the life and use of a commercial fryer, but it will also improve the quality of the product being cooked. Sediment should be removed daily, and the oil should be completely drained as needed, depending on how frequently you use your fryer. We offer the following appliances to help you keep your commercial fryer lasting longer:
- Commercial Fryer Filters – Fryer filters remove and filter the gunk out of oil, pumping it back in fresh and free of broken-down carbon and cooked product debris. This adds life to the most heavily used oil, saving you thousands in annual oil costs.
- Fryer Oil Waste Removers – Quickly and completely removes hot, used oil from fryer tanks. They can usually hold 40 – 100 pounds of oil. Coming on mobile carts, they make oil removing easy for anyone.
Check out the Burkett Blog, "How to clean and maintain a deep fryer," for an invaluable resource to keep your commercial deep fryer in optimal condition.
Deep Fryer Accessories are also vital to the execution of any fry station. As commercial fryer baskets keep the operation moving without a hitch, fryer screens, fryer filters, and fryer shortening removers speed up fryer maintenance.