Commercial Cooking Equipment
Build your commercial kitchen around the power of a restaurant range. Commercial ranges combine a cooktop and an oven for versatile cooking in professional kitchens, enabling precise broiling, baking, simmering, reheating, and sautéing.Shop 10 Categories >>
Provide your kitchen with compact yet powerful cooking appliances. With the varying styles involving griddles, charbroilers, and combination units we are sure you will find the right countertop cooking equipment to give your foods the perfect taste.Shop 6 Categories >>
Industrial ovens have higher capacities and greater power levels to quickly and efficiently prepare multiple products. They offer cooking, retherming, baking, roasting, and broiling capabilities.Shop 12 Categories >>
Small cooking appliances provide big performance while being modest in size, allowing more available space in your kitchen. Our small appliances offer varieties in power levels, sizes, and presentations.Shop 11 Categories >>
Commercial steamers provide an efficient and cost-effective method of cooking that produces high-quality results. Food steamers are excellent for quickly preparing items such as rice, vegetables, and shellfish.Shop 3 Categories >>
- Panasonic NE-1025 1000 Watt Dial Control Microwave OvenFree ShippingQuick ShipBurkett Price: $285.00 / Each
- Toastmaster TMGM48 48" Manual Gas Griddle w/ 3/4" Plate | 80,000 BTUFree ShippingQuick ShipRetail Price: $2,252.00 / EachLog in for more information
- Toastmaster TMLC36 36" Lava Rock Gas Charbroiler | 90,000 BTUFree ShippingQuick ShipRetail Price: $2,334.00 / EachLog in for more information
- SEAGATE SGF-75/80NG 80 lb Gas Fryer | 150,000 BTUFree ShippingQuick ShipBurkett Price: $1,399.00 / Each
- Panasonic SR-42HZP 23 Cup Electric Rice CookerFree ShippingBurkett Price: $195.99 / Each
Choose the perfect industrial oven, restaurant range, deep fryer, or countertop griddle for your business with Burkett's selection of commercial cooking equipment.
Choosing the right commercial cooking equipment is one of the most important choices when operating a foodservice operation. Therefore, Burkett carries a vast assortment of different manufacturers and types of commercial cooking equipment to fit your needs. Commercial kitchen equipment enables users to turn out a high volume of product, streamline production, and ensure ideal quality for each order. Whether your business is looking to cook juicy, flavorful meats in a countertop convection oven or authentic Sicilian pies in a commercial pizza oven, explore our selection of cooking equipment to find what best suits your business’s needs. When choosing the right restaurant fryer, commercial range, steam kettle, convection oven, commercial charbroiler, or outdoor grill, Burkett is the place for all things cooking in your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Cooking Equipment
What is commercial cooking equipment?
Commercial cooking equipment is the essence of restaurant and foodservice equipment. Without these large-scale, heavy-duty appliances, traditional cooking would be a much more tedious job. Commercial cooking equipment can be found in nearly every restaurant, as well as schools, food trucks, catering companies, health care facilities, and any other foodservice establishment. Although some of the cooking equipment like microwaves, toasters, and countertop ovens look like your average residential appliances, they can be much more powerful. With more power, comes more restrictions, training, and responsibility.
What type of cooking equipment do you need to get a restaurant started?
- Small Cooking Appliances – Small cooking appliances provide big performance while being modest in size, allowing more available space in your kitchen. Whether you need a microwave or a toaster, our small appliances offer varieties in power levels, sizes, and presentations.
- Countertop Cooking Equipment - Countertop cooking equipment can offer you considerable versatility in any kitchen. Most of the large cooking equipment found in commercial kitchens has a smaller counterpart that can reach similar performance while maximizing kitchen space. Many of these units are certified for both professional kitchens and residential kitchens.
- Commercial Ranges & Stoves – Powered by either gas or electric, commercial ranges use a combinations of cooktops and ovens to make for dynamic cooking equipment usable in any kitchen. Ranges allow chefs to cook, bake, steam, simmer, boil, fry, grill, and sauté foods with precision.
- Commercial Ovens – Providing consistent and efficient heat to thoroughly cook or bake foods, commercial ovens are a vital piece of cooking equipment. Professional ovens have higher capacities and power levels to quickly and efficiently prepare multiple products. We offer a vast array of different manufacturers and types of commercial ovens to fit your budget and needs.
- Commercial Deep Fryers – Commercial deep fryers can efficiently and effectively fry large amounts of foods such as french fries, funnel cakes, mozzarella sticks, and chicken wings. Available in either gas or electric, commercial fryers are a staple in any kitchen offering fried appetizers, sides or entrees. Our selection of commercial fryers come in many different capacities, configurations, and sizes to best fit your kitchen’s needs.
- Steam Cooking Equipment – Commercial steamers provide an efficient and cost-effective method of cooking that produces high-quality results. Using water in its gas form to thoroughly cook foods, the steam will not add moisture to your foods, but rather draw out moisture. Food steamers are excellent for quickly preparing items such as rice, vegetables, and shellfish.
Can you use commercial cooking equipment in your home?
The short answer is no. Although commercial cooking equipment is similar to residential cooking equipment, they have significant differences that could cause a lot of trouble in your home.
- Noise – Because commercial equipment is designed to be more powerful and produce higher volumes of food, they require larger, compressors (refrigeration) and/or loud ventilation hoods. These products run more frequently, thus can make noise throughout the night and run up utility costs.
- Sizing Issues – The sizing of commercial cooking equipment is designed to fit in commercial kitchens, which are larger and more spacious than residential kitchens. Because of this fact, fitting a commercial oven or range in your home is very difficult. Just getting the appliance into your house will be difficult because commercial equipment have much larger dimensions than your typical home appliances. Also, commercial shipping does not work the same as residential shipping either. Most deliveries require a loading dock, forklift, or other shipping equipment to safely unload and install equipment.
- Electrical Connections – Commercial cooking equipment is meant for constant, heavy-duty use, meaning they need more power than your normal residential appliances. A lot of professional cooking equipment use significantly higher voltages and BTUs than anything you would find at home, so running a commercial grade oven in your home could instantly blow fuses and damage your home’s electrical system. This could lead to extra unwanted expenses.
- Gas Connections – Gas-powered appliances can be very difficult to install. Even if you have the proper gas lines installed, typically the incoming gas connection on commercial ranges is larger than residential ranges. Since most commercial ranges have pilot lights that are continuously lit for each burner and the oven, more gas is being used, which runs up utility costs.
- Safety Precautions – Because commercial equipment is expected to used in professional kitchens, the safety considerations are vastly different than residential models. These powerful appliances get hotter and require more clearance space to safely operate. Even if you can provide enough clearance space, you would need to invest in the proper stainless steel wall coverings and counters to surround the commercial equipment.
- Warranty Void - Warranties can be an influential factor during the purchasing process to ensure that you don't have to pay for costly repairs. However, modifying equipment or using it in unintended methods may lead to warranty void. Most manufacturers of commercial cooking equipment will not provide warranty coverage for a unit installed in a private residence. A voided warranty will lead to any repairs needed being paid fully out of your pocket. Additionally, using commercial grade equipment in your household may effect home insurance policies.
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Commercial kitchen equipment requires more frequent and deeper cleaning maintenance than residential equipment. Home ovens have self-cleaning cycles, and most refrigerators just need to be occasionally wiped down or condenser cleaning. Cleaning for commercial kitchen equipment is more complicated and may require some disassembling to thoroughly clean. These maintenance requirements aren't a major concern for a kitchen with a trained staff, but for a family home, a little neglect can lead to problems and repairs on an already expensive machine.