Single compartment sinks are the most basic commercial sink. They are ideal for simple tasks like washing ingredients, filling pots with water, and washing individual dishes.
Increase efficiency in your kitchen with our durable and spacious 2-compartment commercial sinks. Features include corrosion-resistant stainless steel, adjustable legs, and ample drainage for easy cleaning.
Separate and sanitize dishes with ease using our 3-compartment sinks. Constructed with durable stainless steel, these sinks feature deep basins and drainboards for efficient washing and drying.
Efficiently wash and sanitize dishes with our largest sized sinks. Features include durable stainless steel construction, adjustable legs, and ample space for sorting and soaking.
Install professional-grade drop-in sinks for your kitchen and experience durable stainless steel construction, easy-to-clean surfaces, and ample space for washing dishes and preparing food.
These dedicated hand sinks are designed for hand washing in commercial kitchens. Keep your kitchen staffs hands clean and health code compliant. Available in a variety of styles and sizes.
Clean and sanitize with ease using our durable and functional mop sinks. Features include stainless steel construction, deep basins, and easy-to-use faucets for efficient cleaning.
Commercial sinks are an essential part of any kitchen. One and two compartment sinks are great for food prep, and three compartment sinks are the standard for proper dishwashing procedure. Four compartment sinks are also an option for larger operations. Any establishment where food is handled or dishes are washed is required by local health codes to have specific sinks. Hand sinks are necessary in any establishment, food service or otherwise. It is important that you have a dedicated hand sink in your kitchen, as proper hand washing cannot be done in any other sink. We also have many drop-in sink options that fit directly into a countertop or worktable as well. You can find a wide variety of sinks for all of your commercial needs at Burkett.
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Sinks
How Many Compartments Do I Need for My Sink?
- 1 Compartment Sink - the most basic sink, ideal for washing produce, filling pots, and other basic utility uses.
- 2 Compartment Sink - ideal for thawing and food prep
- 3 Compartment Sink - most common sink in commercial kitchens for the standard wash, rinse, sanitize dishwashing method that health codes require
- 4 Compartment Sink - sink used in larger establishments and can be useful for adding an additional step to the standard method such as scrape, wash, rinse, and sanitize
What Is the Difference Between a 1 Compartment Sink and a Hand Sink?
Every business needs a dedicated hand sink that is easily accessible. While a 1 compartment sink technically could be used as a dedicated hand sink, it is unlikely that you will want to go this route. Hand sinks are installed lower and have a much shallower bowl, as they are not made to be filled or hold any dishes or produce. A hand sink will likely be less expensive than a compartment sink, which is why it is the better option. Some hand sinks even have built in paper towel or soap dispensers for additional convenience, as these are required to be installed nearby anyway.
What Other Types of Sinks Are Available?
- Drop-In Sinks - these are available in a wide variety of styles and compartments, but they are made to drop in directly into a countertop cutout
- Mop Sinks - sinks that sit on the ground for easy filling and dumping of mop buckets and other non-hazardous liquid waste