Food Wells & Serving Lines
Cold Buffet Stations
Present your chilled dishes with ease using our selection of chilled serving counters. Featuring durable construction and ample storage space, these counters keep your food fresh and accessible for your guests.
Hot Buffet Stations
Serve up piping hot dishes anywhere thanks to these hot buffet stations. Featuring multiple warming trays, adjustable temperature controls, and sleek designs, these stations are perfect for catering events and buffets.
Ice Buffet Stations
Chill your buffet and take it anywhere thanks to these iced buffet stations. Keep your food and drinks cool for hours with our durable and stylish stations, perfect for any event or gathering.
Induction Buffet Stations
Create an buffet station to complement your induction cookware with these mobile counters. These sleek and efficient units offer precise temperature control, easy-to-clean surfaces, and versatile configuration options for any event.
Utility Buffet Stations
Organize and display your food using these utility stations. Features include adjustable shelves, locking casters, and durable stainless steel construction. Perfect for catering events and buffets.
Organize your salad bar with ease using our tabletop salad bars. Featuring multiple compartments, these bars are perfect for displaying a variety of fresh ingredients and toppings for your guests to enjoy.
Drop-In Cold Food Wells
Efficient and built to last, cold food wells are refrigerated to keep cool foods cool. These units will keep food fresh and chilled for longer periods, ensuring satisfaction and safety.
Drop-In Hot Food Wells
Keep hot foods hot and at proper serving temperatures with these food wells. Add a couple drop-in units to extend your buffet lines.
Drop-In Iced Food Wells
Keep your foods chill and accessible with cold wells. These versatile wells are perfect for keeping your dishes cool and fresh, and are easy to install in any countertop.
Hot & Cold Food Wells
Available in varying sizes, they feature precise temperature control, easy-to-clean surfaces, and versatile configurations, making them ideal for holding and displaying hot and cold foods, from soups and stews to salads and desserts.
Drop-In Soup Wells
Drop in these round food wells to add hot soups or sauces to your buffet line. Constructed of tough materials, these units keep foods above safe temperatures.
Keep your food hot and ready to serve with our electric and gas steam tables. Featuring adjustable temperature controls and durable stainless steel construction, these tables are perfect for catering events and buffets.
Keeping foods at proper serving temperatures is critical for any food service establishment.
Keeping foods at proper serving temperatures is critical for any food service establishment. When your food must be visible or accessible directly to customers, keeping food-safe temperatures can be challenging. These buffet stations, food wells, and steam tables will help you keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold for several hours.
Whether you need a self-serve buffet or a cafeteria-style serving setup, these food wells and serving counters will make it easy to install food bars. From iced to cold to hot, we offer mobile food serving systems to make your business successful. Many of our quality serving systems come with fastened casters to make moving or transporting easy enough for anyone of your staff.
Commercial Food Wells
We have a very wide selection of hot, cold, and iced food wells. These wells come in different sizes, shapes, controls, finishes, and depths. Hot and cold food wells are normally drop-in or built-in models that are designed to either stay in the back of the house as a steam table replacement or live at the front end as a buffet warmer and serving station.
Food Well Controls
Commercial food wells come with thermostatic or infinite control systems.
- Thermostatic controls provide users with more control over the unit. The heating components will turn on and off as necessary to maintain the temperature you have chosen.
- Infinite controls call for users to select a setting that will define how much heat the elements will continuously emit. Although infinite controls are more cost-effective, they can be harder to control for novice chefs.
Buffet Stations & Serving Counters
Buffet stations provide restaurants, cafeterias, and catering companies, with extra buffet serving space. These units can hold many hot or cold pans at a time. Refrigerants, ice, or heating elements ensure that foods are kept at the proper serving temperatures to ensure food safety. They also provide excellent visibility and accessibility for both kitchen staff and customers.
Our mobile salad bars and buffet serving stations are great for hotels or catering companies that need a quick buffet setup that they can use and move efficiently. Almost all our wells and serving systems come equipped with liquid drains in the bottom. This will help expedite cleaning as all your staff will need to do is drain the unit then wipe it down with appropriate cleaning solutions.
No matter how much or how little space you have in your commercial kitchen, Burkett can help you maximize your food serving capabilities!
Frequently Asked Questions About Hot & Cold Food Serving Systems
What is a steam table?
Steam tables are used by caterers, hotels, buffets, cafeterias, and anyone else who needs to lay out a delicious spread of hot food to serve a crowd of hungry guests while maintaining safe hot food temperatures. Depending on whether water is utilized in the pan or well above the heat source, these tables keep hot food at optimal serving temperatures during dinner service by using moist or dry heating.
What size steam table do you need?
When choosing a size, consider how many various types of food you want to provide. Also, how quickly your customers empty those pans, and how long a full pan of food can sit in a warmer before it needs to be taken from the table. So the size you need will be dependent upon these factors as well as staff size and customer capacity.
What types of mobile buffet stations are available?
Many of the food serving stations that we provide come equipped with casters. This allows users to strategically place buffet stations. Add a mobile buffet station to your restaurant to provide a salad or breakfast bar. Place a mobile serving counter on the other side of buffet lines to try and keep lines moving quickly. No matter what type of food you are serving, Burkett has a mobile serving station for you.
- Hot Serving Counters - Coming in a wide variety of sizes, capacities, and finishes, hot serving stations use heat to keep hot foods hot during service time. Many stations come configured with storage shelves and sneeze guards, among other features.
- Cold Serving Counters - These units are constructed with insulated bases to ensure the self-contained refrigeration does its job. Cold food serving stations come in an assortment of sizes ranging from 26" to 96". Larger models provide larger capacities. Top manufacturers like Delfield and Cambro are known for providing high quality insulated equipment.
- Iced Serving Counters - Designed to hold ice to keep salads, desserts, or drinks cold, these ice buffet stations are ideal for any buffet, restaurant, or concession stand. Fill the wells with ice then place pans on top. With refrigerant components inside, cold foods will stay chilled and at the appropriate serving temperatures. These units are available in different sizes, finishes, and base types.
- Induction Serving Counters - Specially designed to work with induction-compatible pans, these buffet stations allow operators to place pans directly atop the induction cooktop. These units come in a variety of sizes. They are designed with the visual appeal appropriate for any front-of-house operation. Check out portable induction cookers for more induction cooking equipment.
- Utility Serving Counters - These do not provide heating or cooling. Utility stations are frequently found at restaurants and coffee houses, where they are used to hold condiments, dry breakfast items, and dessert plates. Many units come with storage bases for plates, utensils, cleaning materials, and other items. Sneeze guards are often attached for improved food safety.
What shapes of commercial food wells are there?
- Rectangular - The most common shape of food wells. Most commercial food pans are either rectangular or square. The shape allows for multiple small small pans or a single full size food pan.
- Round - Ideal for soups, sauces, and gravies. Drop-in round food wells help keep hot soups easily accessible and at proper serving temperatures.
- Curved - Great for extending buffet or service lines around corners. These units can help you maximize counterspace and kitchen space.
What size food pans fit in food wells?
Commercial food wells come in all shapes and sizes, thus there is a wide variety of food pan sizes that can work with different wells. From full size food pans to quarter size food pans, food wells are built to hold multiple sizes of food pans. When purchasing a food well serving system, fitting pans should be labeled on the product page, as well as in the owners manual and spec sheet.
Stop by the Burkett Blog and check out, "Supplies You Need to Cater a Buffet."